Some things that have caught my fancy lately (or at least my attention):
- The Adulting blog. Tips and advice on how to behave like an adult. Amusingly written, and good advice to boot. Everyone over the age of 16 should read.
- A site that lets you design your own dream shoe! Too bad this is WAY out of my budget.
- A fun and stylish surprise (or 3) from ModCloth. I can’t wait ’til mine get here!
- This interesting piece on The School of Life putting forward the idea that therapists are the new priesthood.
- These ready-to-go smoothies from Dreyers. They are now a must-have staple in my freezer. My favorite is the Mixed Berry.
- Audrey’s series on Building a Remixable Wardrobe. Some very good stuff here. I’m looking at my closet in a new light.
- Why the mid-night wake-up we all dread might just in fact be the right way to sleep.
- When Bad Things Happen to Productive People – how to deal.
- This book made me cry tonight. The Dresden files is SUCH a good book series. Try it out: first book in the series here.
- Speaking of books, this cool idea for an unusual bookshelf.
In other news, the boyfriend is on night shift for a few days, of which we are not fans. Aside from the hour where he crawls into bed in the morning a bit before I get up, and the few minutes before he leaves for work in the evening while I’m still working, we don’t really get to see each other. And I have to be really quiet around the house during the day because it’s his nighttime and he’s sleeping. Luckily he switches back to his normal hours on Thursday.
Also, the winners of the February giveaway! Congrats to Lexy and Karen, winners of the large ad spaces. And congrats to Remy, Ami, Kristin and Polly, winners of the medium ad spaces. I’ve emailed all of you the details. 🙂 If you didn’t win, there’s still a few days to snag a sponsor spot for March. Go check out my Sponsor page for more details.