- Some good reads for the heart: Trying to Figure Out What’s Important, What is Love?, and Three Cheers for ‘Boring’ Love.
- Tips on How to Work with a Graphic Designer. Good stuff here, though I’d add ‘paying invoices promptly’ to the list.
- A startling (or maybe not so startling) similarity between the arguments used against interracial marriage 60 years ago, and the arguments used against gay marriage today. Related, a depressing graphic on gay rights in the US (or lack thereof), state by state.
- Thank You, Hillary Clinton For Not Caring What People Think About Your Looks. An odd title, but some good points made.
- The 6 Most Nonchalant Ways People Dodged Death Repeatedly.
- Dear Ryan Gosling: an open letter to America’s hunky sweetheart, from one woman. But really all of us. Hilarious.
- 14 Photos that Shatter Your Image of Famous People. Some surprising things here, and funny.
- Has Blogging Lost Its Community? Interesting read, but overall I’m going to say “I don’t think so, no.”
- And finally, I’ll leave you with this: 27 ways to be an (even) better person & practically levitate with awesomery. 😉
About this time, I am somewhere in the air above the western US, on my way to Seattle. That’s right. It’s T-0 days to vacation! Our cruise ship leaves port this afternoon. At the time I’m writing this, our forecast is looking pretty rainy for most of the trip. I’m hoping it clears up enough to be able to take photos and see the gorgeous scenery and enjoy our shore excursions. I’m packing an umbrella regardless. I hope all of you have a wonderful week, and still stop by to see what other posts I’ve got scheduled!
This originally appeared over at The Streeters Unlimited as a guest post. With so many blogs clogging the interweb today, it can be hard to attract a following in the first place, let alone grow it. And aside from all the advice about networking, and having great content, one thing you can do immediately and easily is make sure your blog is a pleasant place to visit. Giving a visitor a happy browsing experience increases the likelihood that they’ll be back. So today I have a quick list of tips for how you can make someone’s visit to your blog […]
Interested in sponsoring me in June? Awesomesauce! 😀 Check out my Sponsor info page to see the rates & choices – there are plenty affordable options! Or just shoot me an email directly. I am going to be out of town starting the 22nd, so if you email me after that, I will get back with you ASAP when I’m home on the 29th/30th. June is going to be pretty awesome. June 1st is my 1 year blogiversary, so there will be a big giveaway for that (let me know if you want to contribute anything!) I’ve also got some […]
It all started at the TxSC Clothing Swap. I brought two items of clothing from my own closet that I didn’t wear/didn’t fit anymore, and got to take away completely new-to-me items for free. New things in my wardrobe. For free. While cleaning out my own closet. That’s 3 good things, and no downside, for those keeping score. They gave out tote bags at the TxSC swap that said “Swap is the new Shop” and that couldn’t be more true for me. It was an instant addiction. The co-host of that event, Swap.com, has furthered this addiction. You list all […]
I’ve made no secret of the fact that I am a bookworm, but I haven’t really talked much about books and reading and writing here, because I had another blog where those kinds of things were talked about. This is going to change. I’m going to be integrating the bookish stuff here. Partly because I never update the other site anymore, and I think I’d keep up with it better if everything is in the same place (here). And I would really like to still talk about books and pass along titles of good reads as I find them, and […]
Ok. Truth? Sometimes I am just too hungry to bother taking a crap-ton of photos of whatever we’re cooking. And/or checking to make sure what few photos I take are actually decent. But sometimes the food results are just so yummy I have to share despite that. This is such a case. I’m not huge on drinking beer, but cooking with it? Yes, please. It does tasty wonders for meaty things. These are particularly great because they have actual veggies worked into the burger itself. Dark Ale & Dill Burgers Ingredients 1 lb. lean ground beef 3/4 cup diced/shredded […]
I’m joining up with Lena and several other ladies in the weekly Tuesday 10 themed posts. This week’s theme is Favorite Accessories. This was another hard one, because I love me some sparklies and have a big old jewelry box filled with do-dads, and an intimidating line-up of belts occupying a lower rack in the closet. But I narrowed down on 10 that I’ve recently been wearing the most. As you’ll see, I’m in somewhat of a bronze & copper phase right now, haha. Copper leaf/feather necklace from a general store in Fredericksburg, TX. Mini bronze pocketwatch necklace from an […]