Today I’m gonna share with you a favorite of ours, PUFF BALLS! Also known as a ghetto version of doughnuts. I prefer to call them puff balls because they really aren’t doughnuts.
Anyway, you’ll need some biscuits, cinnamon, sugar, oil and a cookie cutter of some sort.
- Cut shapes out of the biscuits. (I used cookie cutter shapes – hearts, stars, clovers, apples – because I knew the bittles would love it)
- Pour enough oil into bottom of skillet to cover bottom plus a bit. (enough to cover biscuits about halfway when they’re added)
- Heat oil to medium.
- While the oil is heating, mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pop in the dough in the oil.
- Cook on each side til golden brown.
- Pull out and place on cooling rack (or plate with paper towel, or whatever you have handy really) to let the oil dry off.
- Toss warm into cinnamon mix and coat.
- Serve and enjoy.
Thanks, Amber! Don’t those look so easy and yummy? I love that you can use the cut-outs themselves AND the pieces they were cut out from for some fun donut variety.