I got this recipe from my sister (yes, the same brilliant one who introduced me to the wonder of sweet potato casserole). It might be the easiest thing I’ve made with my slow cooker yet. This taco filling is TASTY and will make your house/kitchen smell amazing for the hours it cooks. And I totally made up the name, since she just called it ‘this tasty slow cooker taco recipe.’ 😉
Picante Chicken Tacos (Slow Cooker)
Things You Will Need
- ~1.5 lbs. chicken tenderloin (boneless, skinless)
- 1 jar (16oz.) of salsa, your preferred level of spicy
- 1 packet chicken taco seasoning mix
- A slow cooker/crock pot
- Any desired taco toppings
- Layer chicken, salsa and seasoning in your crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3.5-4 hours.
- Remove cover and pull chicken apart with forks, stirring overall mixture together.
- Cook on low another 2 hours (that’s minimum. No harm in letting it sit on low longer if needed for your specific schedule).
- Heap onto tortillas, add desired toppings, and enjoy.