I know, I usually do these on Tuesday. But tomorrow is the Blogger Book Club link up, and I’m not a two-posts-in-one-day kind of girl. And I have a bit of a backlog of things I want to share with you guys, as it’s been 3 weeks since my last treasure trove post. So, Monday Treasure Trove it is, just for this week.
- That One Time Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Punked Houdini.
- I found this very interesting, being among that third myself: New Report: ‘A Third of Adults Under 30 Have No Religious Affiliation’.
- 99 Life Hacks to Make Your Life Easier. There are some clever things here.
- An interesting article on the fashion industry, fashion bloggers, and ‘plus-size’ models: Are we really ready to take a look at ‘real women’?
- Very true, great post from Sarah: The Inestimable Power of “I’m Sorry, Dude. That Sucks.”
- Pondering What Gail Simone Said About Video Games, The Three Act Structure, & Storytelling.
- 10 Words You Literally Didn’t Know You Were Getting Wrong.
- Hey, people who give other people shit for reading shit: STOP.
- 60 Love Stories to Make You Smile. Via Caitlin. This may have made me tear up a bit.
- We’re the Face of Food Stamps. An interesting perspective.
- Best News of the Day: Looking at Cute Photos Makes You Productive. I knew it.
- The Most Pro-Science Presidents in American History.
Things of Note
This past weekend was good. There was coffee with friends and a fall festival and lazy mornings and a seasonally appropriate movie & game night complete with pizza. I even fit some screen printing and house cleaning in there. All in all, quite satisfactory. This week is looking to be pretty normal – work for me, work for Ian, no real social events planned as yet except for the weekly date night. No Halloween plans at all, which is fine.
How are all of you fine folks doing?