Linking up with Lena for this week’s Tuesday 10 theme: holiday movies. I’m taking a page from her book and listing not only movies with actual holiday themes, but also movies that I like to watch this time of year OR movies that come out this holiday season that I want to see, holiday-themed or not. Mostly because I couldn’t think of 10 holiday-themed movies that I like. 😉
1. White Christmas. This gets watched every year by my family, no exceptions. I still think my younger sister and I need to karaoke that Sisters song at some point in our lives.
2. Love Actually. Who doesn’t like a montage of love and Christmas? Especially when it includes Colin Firth.
3. Les Miserables. I am so excited about this new version, I can’t wait to see it! I’ve already extracted a promise from the boy to see it with me (he has never seen or read any version of Les Mis – I KNOW!).
4. Holiday. Despite the name, not actually about Christmas. An oldie and goodie, I love this movie anytime really.
5. The Wedding Planner. I’m not sure what it is about this movie, but it’s one of those that I’ll watch whenever it’s on TV, and my mom and sisters love, too.
6. The Hobbit. Also coming out this December, another one I want to see. Pretty sure I saw each of the LOTR movies in theaters around Christmas, too. What? They have elves. That’s holiday-like, right?
7. Santa Claus the Movie. I actually haven’t seen this in YEARS but it was one of my favorites as a kid.
8. The Sound of Music. This also used to get watched every Christmas until my family revolted against me for making them watch such a long movie every year. Now I catch it on TV once in awhile. Haven’t made Ian sit through it… yet.
9. Die Hard. The original one, for the obvious reason that it happens at a Christmas party, but really any of them. Have you guys heard there’s a new one coming out on Valentine’s Day?
10. Ziggy’s Gift. Does anyone else remember this? Quirky little animated Christmas movie. Loved this as a kid.
What about you? What are the movies you watch over and over this time of year, or are looking forward to?