- Candid Thoughts on Being Brave. Great post here from Elizabeth.
- How to Make New Years Resolutions You’ll Actually Keep. Good advice from Nessa.
- 40 Things to Do With Your Posts *After* You Hit Publish
- This mystery writers’ prank would make an incredible sociological experiment.
- 9 Signs That You Might Be an Introvert. Yup, all of these.
- An interesting and spot-on article about liberal bullying, and how using the same tactics as the cause you’re fighting against hurts your own side. “I don’t care if your politics are progressive and your focus is on social justice: if you’re shouting at people online and refusing to have a dialogue, you’re bullying. I don’t care if you’re fighting the good fight: your methods are borked.”
- The Rhythms of Work vs The Rhythms of Creative Labor. Very true.
- An alternative to leading a frantic digital existence.
- And for your random fact of the day: The One Type of Music That All Parrots Everywhere Despise.
And, because it’s still my favorite New Years quote/toast, this poster:
Things of Note:
Happy New Year! Welcome to 2013. 🙂 I have a really good feeling about the year to come. I feel like I’m finally getting some of the things that have long needed attention in order in my life. I paid off my car loan, and I actually have money in my savings account. I’m working on the rest of my debt, and saving up to do the treatment plan my chiropractor recommends because my back is not quite the shape it should be. I’m up to date on the rest of my medical type check-ups. Shop sales have been picking up the past two months, and I’ve got lots of ideas I want to try out in the coming months. Ian and I are still going strong, and the puppy is cute and healthy as ever. In other words: life is good. 😀 I hope things are well in your world, and that 2013 just brings more good on top of it. And I appreciate more than I can say that you stop by this little corner of the internet however often you do, just to read things I’ve written – that is so cool to me.
To celebrate the new year, you can get 13% off any ad space with code NY2013 until January 13. Won’t you join me?
How’s your new year going so far, only hours old? 🙂