- Well, this is disturbing: House GOP lets the Violence Against Women Act expire for first time since 1994.
- Unleash Your Inner Bookworm in 2013. Casee gives some tips for anyone wanting to get back in the reading game.
- The When-to-Wash-It Handbook: Winter Edition. Great advice on how often you actually need to clean winter wear.
- Sarah from Yes & Yes on when to say no.
- The Slow Death of Barnes & Noble. This makes me sad, even if they are a super chain. “Two thousand fewer places for people to be exposed to books is pretty obviously not good for our culture.”
- Jillian has some good tips for getting started on refashioning clothing.
- 50 Things to Stop Doing Forever.
- Fall in Love, Love Deeply. Some good thoughts/advice on love from Emma of A Beautiful Mess.
Things of Note:
I don’t have much to say today. It’s gray and rainy, and I’ve pretty much decided I don’t have any errands important enough to leave the house for. So it’s all work and laundry and maybe some screen printing or Sims later. Maybe curling up with a book. Speaking of, I’m doing the Fifty-Fifty challenge again this year (read 50 new-to-me books and watch 50 new-to-me movies in one year) and have updated that page accordingly. I’m doing it in conjunction with the Goodreads reading challenge to keep track of everything. Though, overachiever that I am, my magic number is 85 of each (I did 75 last year).
How about you? How’s your day going? Are you doing any sort of reading challenge this year?