- Feel-good video of the week: this will make your day.
- Funny video of the week: Siri vs. Google Voice Experiment: What Happens When Siri And Google Voice Talk To Each Other?
- Cool photo series of the week: Woman Photoshops Herself and Her Cell Phone Camera into Historical Photos.
- The Coming Revolution in Public Education. Why the current wave of reforms, with its heavy emphasis on standardized tests, may actually be harming students
- How Goals and Good Intentions Can Hold Us Back
- If You Didn’t Buy It From Amazon It Doesn’t Count as Reading, Says Amazon. Amazon’s list of the Most Well-Read Cities in America is a bit biased.
- If Your Friend Says You Are Too Fat To Be In Her Wedding, She Is Not Your Friend. Wow. I can’t believe someone was rude enough to do this, let alone to a friend.
- Little Girls Should Be Superheroes (Not Just Princesses). Agreed.
- 100 Rules of Dinner – alternately funny and useful. (via Sarah)
- How to Chop Onions Without Tears. The boy always tears up, but I don’t, and now I know it’s because I wear contacts.
- The three most powerful words in personal finance: “start saving now.”
- Holocaust Survivor Left an Estate Worth Almost $40 Million but No Heirs. Sad.
Things of Note:
It’s pretty standard life-as-usual this week. Work is good, both in amount and type of projects. Social things are happening with friends, date night is tomorrow with the boy. I’m in week 2 of my new chiropractic regimen, so my back is slowly getting fixed. I have been lagging a little bit on shop stuff, but it’s my intent to remedy that this week. We’ll see if it pans out. Ooh, and my new tripod arrived yesterday! So I’ll be back on the What I Wore bandwagon tomorrow. It’s definitely better quality, and has a warranty, so hopefully it suffices for awhile.
Also, since Alyx is busy with very impending motherhood, I’m going to be helping out with the Blogger Book Club for the next few months, so look for the May book poll here soon.
Now, I’m going to go eat lunch, and then head off to afternoon coffee with some GirlfriendCircles ladies.
What are you up to today?