If you’re here for the Preview to Summer Blogger Book Swap, scroll down.
- Laugh-worthy thing of the day: visit Gizoogle, type in your Twitter name, enter, and visit the first link. Too funny. Here’s mine.
- Life Lessons in Fighting the Culture of Bullshit. Possibly the most realistic commencement speech ever.
- More great advice from the Adulting blog: How to Share Your Cause or Beliefs Without Being a Total Jerk.
- 6 Social Situations That Aren’t A Big Deal, But Give Me Anxiety. Funny, but also yes on #1,2,3 & 6.
- 10 Beautiful Words About Love That Don’t Exist in English.
- Engineering students design a shoe that harnesses energy from walking.
- Measles surges in UK years after [false] vaccine scare. Is anyone really surprised by this? This is what happens when you don’t vaccinate your kids.
- Good food for thought from Nadine: The Momentum of Mediocrity.
- Masturbation Is at the Root of the Culture Wars. “The questions that self-pleasure raises are foundational: to whom do our bodies belong? What is sex for? Tell me how you really feel about masturbation, and I can more or less predict how you’ll feel about the more frequently debated “sex war” issues.”
- Practice Makes Perfect? Not So Much, New Research Finds.
- This recipe for mini apple pies looks amazing.
- 25 Signs You’re Addicted To Books. Oh god. Every single one of these!
- Things We Don’t Say Enough (And When To Say Them).
Things of Note:
Not much to report over the long weekend. Ian’s been down with a sinus infection since last Friday, so we mostly stayed close to the house the past few days. We did get out to see Star Trek Into Darkness, which we both enjoyed. I mostly just wanted to close my eyes and listen to Benedict Cumberbatch talk. That voice, you guys. And so much house time meant I was able to buckle down on some shop things that have been percolating awhile. More about that next weekend- which, by the way, is my 2 YEAR Blogiversary. !!! 2 years. That’s some craziness right there.
Also, I got my package for the Preview to Summer Blogger Book Swap I participated in. I was paired up with Taylor and she sent me this lovely box of goodies:
2 books, a journal, an elastic bookmark, and some other odds and ends. Good books in the mail is one of my favorite things. Thanks, Taylor!
How are things in your life lately?