- Funny video of the week: Dogs vs. Citrus.
- How to Make a Media Kit that ROCKS.
- Is there a technological fix for racism? These scientists say yes.
- Kind of fascinating: online paper dolls/dress-up games.
- Hands-Free Talking and Texting Are Unsafe for Drivers. I am not surprised by this. In fact, I thought there were other studies done years ago proving that it’s the concentration on a discussion that is distracting, not the phone/device itself.
- Graciously deflect do-gooding solicitors.
- How To Be A Dick, Because Sometimes You Have To Be
- How Not to Be Alone. “Most of our communication technologies began as diminished substitutes for an impossible activity. […] These inventions were not created to be improvements upon face-to-face communication, but a declension of acceptable, if diminished, substitutes for it. But then a funny thing happened: we began to prefer the diminished substitutes. […] Each step “forward” has made it easier, just a little, to avoid the emotional work of being present, to convey information rather than humanity. The problem with accepting — with preferring — diminished substitutes is that over time, we, too, become diminished substitutes. People who become used to saying little become used to feeling little.”
Things of Note:
Yesterday was shop stuff, errands, house stuff, a bit of gardening (my mom sent me some lavender plants!), and a smidge of work. Today looks like it’ll be in the same vein, though with a heavier emphasis on shop stuff. I’m still getting all of the paper cut into the sizes I need for prints, and still printing shirts, and needing to take more pictures as I do so.
And in case you missed the news on Twitter, I hit 100 live listings in my shop yesterday – woohoo! Slowly growing, transitioning to made-to-order and clearing out one-off stock. Don’t forget you can use code WOO2YEARS for 15% your order through the end of this month, if you see something you’d like to snag. 😉
Other than that, it’s a pretty quiet week so far. Tomorrow is date night (the boy’s choice), and then there’s an Etsy craft party on Thursday that I’m going to. I think I’ll take my sketchbook and try to come up with some new designs. And then on Saturday, we’re going to Schlitterbahn with some friends. Somehow, despite having lived here for 7 years, I have never been. It’s a big water park, for you non-Texans. I can’t recall having been to a water park as an adult, and I wasn’t super duper fond of them as a kid. But we’ll see how it goes. At the very least I’ll get to wear my new swimsuit. 😀
How are things in your life lately?