- Terrifying video of the week: Snakes can open doors, good luck sleeping tonight.
- Haunting and oddly beautiful video of the week: Metamorphosis, a wordless retelling of the myth of Artemis and Actaeon.
- You Are Not Weak For Wanting Love
- Get More Done: Spend Half Your Day Alone. Cool, I am already doing this. Probably more than half.
- No One Is Impressed You Don’t Own A TV
- PhotoFunia – put yourself on the cover of a magazine, or in an art gallery, or one of dozens of other free photo effects.
- Blogging, From a Non-Blogger’s Perspective
- The literal meanings of places in the U.S., mapped. Very cool.
- Good News: Pregnancy Past 35 Not As Difficult As We Thought
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Say Yes
- 9 Rules To Win Every Argument
- What To Do When People Disappoint You (Or Act Like A-holes Or Dillwads)
- How Caffeine Can Cramp Creativity. Bad news bears.
- Just A Few Of The Many Many Reasons I’ve Had Sex Besides Actually Wanting To Have Sex
- Honest sex scenes in books will stop teens learning from porn. Books for teenagers should contain realistic scenes about sex to prevent young people learning everything from online pornography, the new children’s laureate has argued. “I was reading an article three weeks ago where this teenage girl was saying everything her boyfriend knew about sex he knew from porn. He was brutalising her, because that’s what he thought sex was about from watching online. It made me angry and it made me sad. I thought well, this is exactly why we need not just sex education in schools but also books that tackle the subject of relationships and your first time.”
Things of Note:
How’s that for a list of random things? I was all over the place in internetland this week apparently.
In news from real life, I experienced Schlitterbahn for the first time this past weekend, which yielded two things of note. #1) if you use sunscreen and reapply it regularly, you can manage to not get burnt in a full day of Texas sun. (yay! who knew, right? haha) #2) While I like fast water and waves and generally floating along, I do NOT like the parts of water rides where you’re on an innertube and there’s a big drop. The idea of being flipped off the tube, in chaotic fast water in a fairly narrow space with other people following close behind about to collide with you – not my idea of fun. The very first ride we went on had some of that, and for the rest of the day I stuck to rides without those drops.
Also, it looks like I’ll be doing a mini craft sale party thing in August, which should be fun. And also a learning experience, as I’ve never tried selling offline before. I’m also considering applying to a craft fair later this year. We’ll see!
And finally, you have just a few hours left to enter the Shabby Apple giveaway, if you haven’t already. Winner announced tomorrow.
How are things in your life lately?