- Cool video of the week: Kids React to Controversial Cheerios Commercial.
- The above may have restored your faith in humanity a bit, but then we get things like this: Baseball Fans Super Angry that a Hispanic American Sang Anthem at All-Star Game. F-ing ridiculous.
- On Mandela’s birthday, questions about ‘voluntourists’ in Africa. “Ask yourself how we might react if Ghana or Senegal or Kenya sent us its unqualified, inexperienced, untrained 20-somethings to teach in our schools… It would be clear to us that this was a problem – for the students whose education is being outsourced to unqualified people and for the teachers whose qualifications we’re saying are worthless. The argument should be just as obvious when we send unqualified, inexperienced, untrained 20-somehing Americans to Africa.”
- Bad news bears: ‘Digital dementia’ is on the rise. Teens addicted to Net, mobile devices now get cognitive disorders.
- Possibly the coolest PR stunt ever: Giant Dragon Skull That Washed Up on British Beach Is an Ad for Game of Thrones.
- Two reads for fellow too-much-on-my-plate-ers: Hey Over Achiever! Five Reasons Why Your Productivity ≠ Self Worth and 21 mantras for people who are ridiculously, painfully, excruciatingly overwhelmed (thanks to Kristin for both!)
- And an awesome photo series: Reflections: Portraits of the Elderly as They Once Were.
- Why I Couldn’t be a Vet. Yup, this. (thanks Kirsty!)
Things of Note:
Today is my first official day back in office after my vacation, and it’s safe to say I’m drowning in email. Vacation was good and much needed (recap coming tomorrow). 🙂 Other than that, not much to report. Life goes back to the usual work, blog, shop, social routine now.
What are you up to this week?