- Video of the week: The History of Typography.
- Image of the week: How to Escalator. Brilliant. All escalators need this.
- How Robots Can Trick You Into Loving Them
- The Sweet, Funny, Listy Ways of Getting Millennials to Love You
- What a Messy Desk Says About You. Vindicated!
- Welcome to the 72-Hour Work Week. Pretty sure the boy is one of those ‘EMPs’; it certainly sounds like his work life.
- How To Get Flat Abs, Have Amazing Sex And Rule The World In 8 Easy Steps. Lol on the title, but actually good advice.
- 6 Sexist Video Game Problems Even Bigger Than the Breasts. Another funny title fronting a good article.
- The 20 stages of reading. Not sure I agree with all of these, but still funny.
- How to Talk to Your Daughter About Her Body.
- Tips For Improving Street Harassment. Wouldn’t it be nice if this were possible?
- Ladies, Stop Saying “I Have a Boyfriend” To Deflect Unwanted Attention. “Male privilege is “I have a boyfriend” being the only thing that can actually stop someone from hitting on you, because they respect another male-bodied person more than they respect your rejection/lack of interest.” I’d never thought about it like that.
- On flakiness + devotion. Agreed. Don’t be flakes, everyone. That shit is annoying.
Things of Note:
Getting this blog post off early this morning, as I’ll be in coding land the rest of today. I’ve got some major web updates to do for a client, and some of them will be tricky, so today has been slated to tackle that. I am coder, hear me roar! I’m sure I’ll be in need of a drink by the time happy hour rolls around tonight. Good thing I’ve been invited to one, because drinking alone never ends well.
In other news, my professional Twitter account (for my freelance biz) was hacked. So… that was fun. Password changes all around.
On the upside, there’s an adorable dog laying across my feet and snoring cutely. And my supply of desk chocolate is back to an adequate level. It ain’t all bad. 🙂
How are you? In need of a happy hour drink or some chocolate? What’s your go-to for each?