- Cool/weird thing of the week: Book changes temperature or vibrates, depending on the plot.
- Cool photo series of the week: Brothers Grimm’s Homeland.
- So Long, FOMO – Here’s Why 2014 Will Be Year Of The JOMO (Joy Of Missing Out). Good. More people need to jump on the ‘chill out’ bandwagon.
- I Lived a Day According to Ben Franklin’s Schedule – an interesting experiment.
- Three Reasons Perfectionism is the Root of All Evil
- Are You an Asker or a Guesser? I am definitely a guesser.
- 20 Things I Learned From Traveling Around the World
- The Things You Will Always Regret If You Don’t Do Them
- Land Your Dream Clients: Prove You’re Capable Of Greatness Through Self-Initiated Projects. I need to do more of this.
- How to Support the Bloggers You Love
- The Dark Side of Emotional Intelligence
- Creating Better Fantasy Economies. Great tips for you fantasy writers.
- Why I Am Pro-Choice. Yes.
- A take on the new Squarespace Logo service. “If you feel like a computer program can do the same level of work that you’re currently doing maybe that’s a signal to brush up on those skills? They may have the tools, but that doesn’t give them taste that we, as designers, sharpen and hone.” Yup.
- And another take: “The issue for many it seems is that this new service cheapens their own offering, or somewhat undermines their own skills. Neither are the case. McDonald’s can comfortably exist alongside Michelin starred restaurant The Fat Duck. They both offer a culinary solution, but they’re not in competition with each other, or importantly, trying to be.”
Things of Note:
We’ve got icy roads here in Austin again today. Hopefully the city doesn’t rack up the same crazy car-accident tally as last week (250 wrecks in a 36-hour period – yikes!). It basically means I’m not going anywhere today, even though I have errands to run. Growing up in Ohio, I know how to drive in ice and snow, but apparently a lot of Austinites don’t, so I’m not going to risk it. I may or may not risk taking outfit photos outside. Leaning towards no right now, as it’s only 27 degrees at the moment.
Is it all wintery and cold where you are? Is that normal or abnormal for where you live? Definitely abnormal here.