- Hilarious video of the week: If Google Were a Real Person. Spot on.
- Hilarious image series of the week: ‘Honest’ Posters for Oscar Nominees.
- Can’t find the right words for a situation? The Bureau of Communication is here to help.
- Drugs, Death, Neglect: Behind the Scenes at Animal Planet
- A ranking system to evaluate the food quality in every country.
- What if natural products came with a list of ingredients? Some perspective.
- All the ways Americans refuse to eat their vegetables in one chart
- Why our memories don’t begin until we’re three years old.
- Do Good Books Improve Us? “There is a real and deep-seated reluctance on the part of critics, connoisseurs, scholars and theorists to concede that the value of an excellent work of literature may reside almost entirely in the pleasure it affords us. […] Something more than pleasure must be at stake: some sort of enlightenment, some way in which the work contributes to the betterment of self or world. This assumption is mistaken. But it is worth asking why we are inclined to fall into this way of thinking.”
- Women and Gentlemen: Unmasking the Sobering Realities of Hyper-Masculine Characters
- In the Name of Love. An argument against ‘do what you love.’ Thoughts?
- The Nitty Gritty of Running a Blog (And Why I Can’t Do It For Free).
- A 5-Step Guide to Ethical Fashion
- 4 Tips for Being a Balanced Entrepreneur — At Work and at Home
- You Have to Do the Hard Things.
- Concerning Cake, Bilbo Baggins, and Charity. Author Pat Rothfuss talks about why he’d rather you support a charity than him as an author.
Things of Note:
Welcome back after the long weekend! Did you get up to anything? We didn’t so much, just had a nice relaxing weekend. In fact, we had not a single event or thing where there was some sort of schedule we had to meet/keep. It was awesome. What else is awesome? The boy has officially given me the go-ahead to paint walls in the house! I don’t even have to find a good time to drag him to Home Depot to look at swatches, just tell him which walls and what color so he knows. Yay yay yay! There will be some color in this house! I am stopping by Home Depot this afternoon to pick up some swatches (hey, just because he doesn’t want to see them/consider choices, doesn’t mean I don’t).
Anything awesome going on in your life lately? Tell me about it!