- Nifty product of the week: Plantable Pencils. Grow an herb when you’re done writing.
- America is no-vacation nation. “The US is the only developed economy without legally mandated vacations and it’s costing us more than just money… People who do not take vacations are more at risk of stress, job burnout, depression & premature death.”
- Girls Who Code offers a free Summer program to teach high school girls about computer science & coding. Cool.
- Why major creative breakthroughs happen in your late thirties. Good to know, as I approach 30 this year.
- How I Tricked Myself Into Being Brave.
- 5 Things That Drive Away Customers
- Inside the Conservative Campaign to Launch “Jim Crow-Style” Bills Against Gay Americans. This is utter infuriating nonsense.
- Biden: ‘Change the Culture’ That Tolerates Sexual Assault. “No means no, means no, whenever it is uttered.” He might be my favorite VP ever.
- Dear Men: When Are You Going to Check Your Peers When They Harass Women? Yes.
- Are Democratic Presidents Better for Babies? Random, but interesting.
- TSA Agent Confession: Dear America, I Saw You Naked. Disturbing but not really surprising. Sorry, is that my cynicism showing?
- Why Writers Are the Worst Procrastinators. So much truth.
Things of Note:
You guys! I made strawberry jam! Successfully! Witness:
It’s just plain strawberry, but it turned out tasty and the canning process wasn’t nearly as hard/tricky as I thought it would be. Hurrah! I see many more jams in my future.
Other than that, not a whole lot going on since yesterday.
What’s something new that you’ve tried recently?