I came across Erika’s post about a reverse bucket list through one of those internet rabbitholes you can’t really trace the path of afterwards. And the idea really struck me. You guys know I’m a fan of making goals lists. But I think it’s important to look back every once in awhile at all of the things you’ve already accomplished. Particularly if you’re stuck in a rut or feel like you aren’t/haven’t accomplished anything lately. So here are a bunch of things that might go on a bucket list, that I’ve already done. Feel free to make your own list and send me your link!
- Live in a foreign country. (study abroad in Australia)
- Visit Europe.
- Visit Paris, London, Berlin, and Madrid.
- See the Mona Lisa in person.
- Go to a German Christmas market.
- Visit Australia.
- Scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Visit Asia.
- Swim with dolphins.
- See a glacier.
- Go whale watching.
- Plan & take a vacation entirely by myself. (Twice!)
- Try online dating. (Spoiler: that worked out.)
- Self-publish a book.
- Attend Austin City Limits music festival.
- Go on a cruise.
- Visit NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago.
- Visit all of the Great Lakes.
- See Niagara Falls.
- Learn a foreign language. (Spanish)
- Go horseback riding.
- Audition for and land a part in a play.
- Direct a play.
- Be a model for an art class.
- Meet someone in-person you’ve only ever talked to online.
- Go indoor skydiving.
- Do a wine tasting at a vineyard.
- Go up the Eiffel Tower.
- Go up the St. Louis Arch.
- See a show on Broadway.
- See a show in Vegas.
- See a West End show in London.
- Have tapas in Spain.
- Stay in a hostel.
- Go camping for real (tent, build your own fire, cook over fire, etc.).
- Learn to develop film & print photos in a darkroom.
- Go kayaking on a river.
- Go white water rafting.
- Tour a castle.
- Learn how to build a website.
- Graduate college.
- Be a bridesmaid.
- Start a blog. Hi!
- Open an Etsy shop and sell something to a non-family member.
- Have a penpal.
- Have a piece in a juried art exhibition.
- Freelance in my field.
- Learn to shoot a gun.
- Adopt a dog.
- Learn to play piano.
- Go to a ball and waltz.
- Attend a political rally/march in DC.
- Go ziplining.
- Successfully navigate a big city’s subway system.
- Eat street food in a non-Western country.
- Try sushi.
- Join/start a book club.
- Swim in/under a waterfall.
- Buy a car on my own.
- Paint a mural.
- Have a job being on the radio.
There are twice that many things still on my actual bucket list, but this isn’t anything to sneeze at. I may be a tad apprehensive about the big 3-0 looming this year in comparison to where I thought I’d be life-wise, but coming up with the list makes me realize – hey, it’s not that bad. I’ve already accomplished a lot of cool things. 🙂
What’s on your reverse bucket list?
Doomsday Book by Connie Willis It’s a slightly futuristic England, and humanity has achieved the art of time travel. There are whole ‘history’ departments at Oxford dedicated to investigating different time periods – in person. Kivrin has set her heart on traveling to medieval England – specifically the 1320’s. And in the normal course of things, no problems would arise. Except that a virus spreading through Oxford infects her team, and results in her being sent to the wrong time, herself delirious with fever. Cue a sort of thriller as her team in the future tries to figure out what […]
Time for another Etsy round-up! I love making treasuries on Etsy, so these posts are always fun to put together. I’ve got two for you this month, take a look: Martial March March is named for Mars, the Roman god of war (Ares in the Greek pantheon – not to be confused with Aries in the zodiac). So this month-themed treasury is all about him. Some of his symbols include a chariot, a spear, a helmet, and a dog. Greek and Roman Gods Ares an… wellsillustrat… $18 SALE Price//Metal Sword Broo… CompactQueen $18 Antique metal button, Mars -… TheLadyatSkier… $6 […]
Cool art series of the week: Artist Uses Paint To Disguise Foods As Other Products. These are trippy. Surprisingly cool thing of the week: What Tree Rings Sound Like Played on a Record Player. This iPhone accessory alarm wakes you up with the sound & smell of sizzling bacon. Intriguing, but I’d be cranky that there wasn’t actual bacon to eat. This new speed reading app will let you read a novel in under 90 minutes. I don’t know how I feel about this. Help a good cause and possibly have dinner with Nathan Fillion? All over it. A self-contained/self-cleaning […]
1. We’re hosting a brunch this weekend and doing a breakfast taco bar. Somehow, we’ve never made breakfast tacos at home, despite being fans of the dish. So the logistics are a bit fuzzy on how to get everything cooked/keep everything warm at the same time, but we’ll figure it out. And if not I’ve got cinnamon rolls as back-up. 🙂 2. If you’ve been around the blog awhile, you’ve probably picked up on the fact that I’m a big fan of crime dramas. Bones, Castle, NCIS, etc. – love ’em. But while I love Nathan Fillion and will continue […]
The Taken by Vicki Pettersson This is the story of Griffin Shaw, ex-murdered-PI turned angel-grade escort into the afterlife, who makes a slight misstep and finds himself stuck back in the real world, in his former human flesh. It’s also the story of Kit Craig, a stubborn rockabilly reporter in Vegas whose best friend just got murdered following a lead (the soul Griffin was escorting). In order to get back to the heavenly plane, Grif is supposed to escort Kit’s soul when she’s killed following the same lead her friend was after. Except Grif is quite taken with Kit and […]
The drawing bug finally hit me again this week, and I’ve actually got a couple of new designs for the shop sketched out. A few still need tweaking, but this one is ready to go. A seahorse! It’s actually based off of a sketch in an old sketchbook of mine, for a seahorse-shaped metal pendant design. A few adjustments and additions, and I like it! I think the style fits in well with the look of the rest of my shop, and who doesn’t like a seahorse? What do you think? What’s your favorite denizen of the ocean?