- Photo series of the week: National Geographic Concludes What Americans Will Look Like in 2050, and It’s Beautiful
- Cool invention of the week: This Solar-Powered Plane Can Now Fly Around The World With No Fuel.
- How to not worry about all the other people doing the exact same thing you want to do
- 7 Ways You’re Unconsciously Undermining Yourself
- How To Break Up With Your First Draft. I have trouble with this.
- Anti-vaccine movement is giving diseases a 2nd life. Please don’t endanger your entire community. Get your kids vaccinated.
- I’m Done Making My Kid’s Childhood Magical. Read before you react.
- Teens are shockingly great at using birth control. Another to read before you react.
- The Creepy Way Fathers Across the Country Are Controlling Their Daughters’ Virginity. Creepy is definitely the word for it.
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study.
Things of Note:
Hey all! I’m back. I pretty much slept all weekend to recover from my (younger) sister’s visit last weekend. We did a LOT. Probably some pictures coming tomorrow. Um, what else is new? I took a cooking class last night, which was supposed to be condiments and sauces, but really just ended up all condiments, which is not that useful to me since I really only use ketchup. But hey, I apparently have good recipes for homemade mustard and mayonnaise and cilantro vinaigrette now (triple ick). I’d really hoped to learn more actual sauces (marinara, marsala, alfredo, that kind of thing) from scratch, but oh well. There were some good general kitchen/using herbs tips at least. Speaking of cooking, the boy has yet to announce what recipe we’ll be tackling for Easter this year, so that could be interesting. I need to get back into trying new recipes in general; I do like it, and it’s been too long since I’ve posted a fun recipe here on the blog.
What are you up to this week?