- Hilarious/mesmerizing gif of the week.
- 30 Incorrectly Used Words That Can Make You Look Horrible.
- 10 Times You’re Better Off Keeping Your Mouth Shut.
- You Don’t Have to Be Evil to Sell Things: A Primer on Ad Writing & Sexism. Really good line-up. Be sure to check out the links at the end about how sex & sexism don’t actually sell.
- Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath? (via Caitlin)
- In Defense of Spoiling the Dog
- The Next Giant Chinese City Will Float In The Ocean
- My Body Is Not A Garbage Can. “While there is definitely something to be said for consciously consuming things, using everything down to the very last drop and licking the proverbial plate clean, let us also remember that our bodies are not garbage cans.”
- Never Say It’s Too Expensive. Yes, this. “If you’ve ever thought somebody was pricing too high, or being greedy or unfair in their pricing, I want to make something clear. IT COSTS A LOT TO MAKE MONEY.”
- On creativity, entrepreneurship & fulfillment
- 10 Workout Tips for Book Nerds (via Kristin)
- The Periodic Table of Epic YA Reads
- What Causes the Smell of New & Old Books? Fascinating.
- This Keychain Dongle Can Analyze Almost Any Physical Object Instantly. Star Trek comes to life!
Things of Note:
Well, it rained yesterday, which means my new flower bed edging has yet to happen. Fingers crossed for no rain today! Yesterday was also a bear of a Monday. I har two large projects to send off to print, and each had their own little hiccups in the submission process (some tech snarl on the printer’s end deleting my upload, the client having just “one little change” after the files for print had been sent, etc.). But all files did eventually get sent off successfully, and all end-of-project invoices sent out (yay!). The rest of this week I’ll be burying myself in WordPress for two other clients, and (hopefully) work on that template I want to list in the digital shop. And then this weekend the boy and I are going on a double date with Liz and her boy, which I am pretty excited about! We’ve only ever been on one other double date (with a different friend/couple), and it… didn’t go so well (my friend’s guy at the time was unfortunately a douche). So, really, the bar for success-fun in this area is set at an easily beat low.
What have you got going on this week?