- Art round-up of the week: Tor.com collected 170 drawings and paintings of dragons through the ages for your viewing pleasure.
- More dragon-related stuff: The Dragonriders of Pern: The Best Series We May Never See Filmed. I would love to see this series make it to screen – movie or tv.
- What Happened When We Gave Our Daughter My Last Name. (the mother’s last name, to clarify) “Language shapes how we view things before we even know we are viewing them. How we name something determines how we value it. If women’s last names are consistently absent from history, never passed down, then where is their—our—value?”
- “Excuse Me, Princess“: The Princess Type, for Good or Ill, Part 1.
- Women Who are Ambivalent about Women Against Women Against Feminism. The Bloggess discusses her problem with women against feminism in her own special way.
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth. You don’t say.
- Sarah from Yes & Yes recommends not saving the ‘good stuff’. Agreed.
- learning = sucking. Elizabeth from Delightfully Tacky reminds us that getting good at something isn’t immediate.
- My ‘Naked’ Truth.
- Why Cannabis Makes You Paranoid
Things of Note:
Not too talky this morning. Insomnia hit hard last night; I need all the coffee, please. Still working through shop photos, still doing house-cleany things with Ian since he has a week off. Our major projects have all been closet-related. Our open spaces are kept pretty neat, but apparently are various closets are where we let our inner packrats loose. No more! There have been two full-car loads to Goodwill with clothing, books, random furniture type things, etc. And there was organizing on top of the de-cluttering. We have bins and designated shelves and shoe cubbies now. Shoe cubbies, you guys. Like, an actual separate piece of wooden furniture specifically for shoes. This is what being an adult feels like, amiright?
What have you been up to? What’s made you feel like an adult lately?