- Funny image of the week for fellow coders: CSS: Corgi Style Sheets.
- Speech of the week: Emma Watson HeForShe Speech at the United Nations | UN Women 2014.
- Equal-Opportunity Objectification.
- Why Girls Tend to Get Better Grades Than Boys Do.
- The Real Reason You Don’t Care About The Apple Watch. Interesting theory, makes sense.
- Why It Doesn’t Matter How You Feel About Your Friends, only what you do about it/how you show it.
- Read Slowly to Benefit Your Brain and Cut Stress. I could’ve told you that.
- Comfort Food Is a Myth.
- Why Google Plus Is Irrelevant.
- Dogs Can Be Pessimists, Too.
- Why Millennials Don’t Want To Buy Stuff.
- Is “Never Offline” Good for Business, or Life? Spoiler: No.
- The complete list of everything you’re doing wrong. Thanks, Internet.
Things of Note:
This week is already going much better than last. I had a dentist appointment yesterday, but unlike the vet and lady doctor last week, there was no surprising bad news. It was simply business as normal. And it’s sunshine all across the board in this week’s weather forecast, which always makes me happy. Plus I had a good weekend: socializing with friends at brunch and book club, and hanging out with Ian and the puppy the rest of the time. This coming week I’ve got some favorite shows coming back with new seasons, coffee with a friend, a care package to send out, and a baby shower BBQ. And work is going well. Good things all around! Here’s hoping I didn’t just jinx it.
How did your weekend go? Up to anything interesting this week?