- Video of the week: If Scary PSAs Won’t Do It, Maybe This Adorable Puppy Will Stop You From Drinking And Driving. This legit made me cry. And hug Sienna.
- Infographic of the week: Why Readers Still Prefer Paper. Yup.
- Fingerprint Words: The verbal tics that make up who we are—and how they spread to others. (via Kristin)
- People Who Jump From Screen To Screen Have Less Gray Matter In One Brain Region, Study Finds.
- A Golden Age of Design
- Is There Any Plausible Reason Why Aliens Would Evolve To Look Like Us?
- Can You Have Sex In Space? Apparently there are legit obstacles.
- Billionaire Richard Branson Wants Everyone to Have Unlimited Vacation.
- One male author’s response to #HeForShe: Yes, I Am A Feminist.
- Questions you should ask yourself about your Strong Female Character.
- 15 Ways to Be a Good Human Today
Things of Note:
This weekend was mostly good – a nice mix of socializing, going out, and vegging out. The boy and I have a) started watching Arrow on Netflix, which is entertaining so far, and b) started a replay of Riven, the sequel to Myst. I played it way back in the day and only very vaguely remember details about the puzzles and he’s never played it, so it’s almost like playing it for the first time. We have so far resisted looking up play-throughs or cheats, but the damn boiler house island might defeat us.
This week is looking to be slow on design work stuff, which means it’ll be heavy on shop work stuff and house work stuff. Which is probably good, as the shops have been a bit neglected lately. If you want to get the skivvy on when I have something new for one of the shops (before all the unspecial nonsubscribers 😉 ), you should sign up for my shop newsletter. Use that link, or the sign-up box in the sidebar. I will hopefully have some particular good news soon, and the peeps who sign up will be the first to know. *hint hint*
How was your weekend? Read any interesting web articles lately? Any plans for this week?