- The 2014 Indie A-List Holiday Gift Guide is out!
- How Daylight Saving Time Affects Your Health. I for one definitely get affected by the no-sunlight-in-the-morning thing.
- It Is Possible to Die From Too Much Caffeine—If You Drank Around 140 Cups of Coffee in One Day. Good to know.
- How to Talk to Your Guy Friends About Not Threatening to Rape and Murder Women on the Internet.
- You Probably Never Realized How Marble Is Harvested, But It’s Beautiful.
- 23 Things You Didn’t Think About When You Said You Want To Live In The Harry Potter Universe.
- We Need to Talk About Women Who Regret Motherhood.
- Here’s What Happens When A School Pays Its Teachers A Lot, Lot More Money. Hint: things improve.
- Why We Go Off Sex in Longterm Relationships.
- Design Is Not An Investment. “Yes, investments are great. They’re also not necessary. When I think of investments I think of stocks, artwork, original Star Wars figures mint in box. Stuff that’s nice to have, and that you hope increases in value someday. Design is core. It’s not a nice-to-have. It’s plumbing. It’s foundation. You don’t invest in design. You can’t exist without it.” Agreed.
Things of Note:
My vacation is officially over, and now of course everything is busy busy busy between work and getting ready for the craft show this weekend. Yesterday wasn’t bad, though – I was uber productive and got back with everyone who had emailed me over vacation. Plus ran some errands, volunteered at the library, went to a vendor meetup, etc etc. The rest of the week looks exactly like all that, too. I’m trying to figure out when I can go grocery shopping, haha. On the plus side, being back to work means wrapping up projects and invoicing people, which is always a fun part.
What’s your week shaping up like?