- Freshpet Holiday Feast – 13 Dogs and 1 Cat Eating with Human Hands. This cracked me up.
- 18 Things Only Pit Bull Parents Understand. So true!! Especially the talking and the snoring. And the toy choosing. And the cuddles. 🙂
- What did ancient Babylonian songs sound like? Something like this.
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst At.
- Hop on over to my business blog for a Gift Guide for Self-Employed Designers.
- 5 Ways To Encourage Kids To Grow Up To Be Innovators. In a world where children are discouraged from taking risks, how do we raise the next Steve Jobs?
- This Little Girl’s Scrapbook Proves Exactly Why Strong Female Characters Are So Important
- 4 ignorant delusions people have about feminism. “Feminism is not about who opens the jar. It is not about who pays for the date. It is not about who moves the couch. It is not about who kills the bugs. It is not about who cooks the dinner. It’s not even about who stays home with the kids, as long as the decision was made together, after thinking carefully about your situation and coming to an agreement that makes sense for your particular marriage and family. It is about making sure that nobody ever has to do anything by “default” because of their gender. The stronger person should move the couch. The person who enjoys cooking more, has more time for it, and/or is better at it should do the cooking. Sometimes the stronger person is male, sometimes not. Sometimes the person who is best suited for cooking is female, sometimes not. You should do what works.”
Things of Note:
This is scheduled post, as I’m currently out of town for Christmas. If all has gone according to plan, this morning I am somewhere in the vicinity of the Grand Canyon, having seen it yesterday for the first time. Later today, we head back towards Phoenix and embark on Christmas festivities with the boy’s family. There will be cookie making. And White Christmas watching. And presents! I’ll finally get to see what this mystery present the boy picked out for me is. He never shops from my wish list, and apparently ordered this WAY back in November, which is mega early planning for him. And he shipped it right to his parents’ house so I wouldn’t see the return address on the box. Hmph. Basically, I have NO IDEA, and it’s been driving me nuts. But only a few more days!
Any spectacular Christmas present surprise or Christmas present fail stories?