- Video of the week: Weird Things All Dog Owners Do. Hahaha, this is pretty spot on.
- 35 Tumblr Posts That’ll Make You Reevaluate Your Entire Existence. This was hilarious.
- Emma Watson Cast as Belle in Live-Action ‘Beauty and the Beast’. I do like Emma Watson, but I’m also just pumped they’re making a live B&tB! It’s my favorite.
- Dear Pinterest: Don’t Change Just To Get Guys To Like You.
- A Story About Being English by Douglas Adams. Too funny.
- 15 things you should never feel guilty about.
- Throwback Thursday: Pain and Pleasure in Jacqueline Carey’s Kushiel Trilogy. “Sci-fi and fantasy books are often filled with varied, fascinating takes on sexuality. Books that, unless you are, unlike me, wonderfully uninhibited, you may not feel so comfortable recommending to your book club. But at a time when an S&M relationship movie is the fastest-selling R-rated movie ticket ever, I finally feel comfortable talking about a series I have read an absurd number of times: The Kushiel trilogy (Kushiel’s Dart, Kushiel’s Chosen, Kushiel’s Avatar), by Jacqueline Carey.” Yes to this! Love that series.
- How To Tell If You Are In A High Fantasy Novel. Too funny.
- Does the Science of Science Fiction Matter? “These stories aren’t about technology or science. Science fiction is a mirror held up to humanity… Whether you’re using lasers or robots or space travel, sci-fi is about people, and that’s the only equation that needs to work for the story to come alive.”
- Speaking of science: How Anti-Vaxxers Ruined Disneyland For Themselves (And Everyone Else).
- Mississippi Wouldn’t Allow This Teacher to Show Kids How to Use a Condom. His Simple Solution Is Brilliant.
- This Smart Measuring Tape Helps Women Track A Healthy Pregnancy.
Things of Note:
Whew, quite a list for you guys today. There’s some good stuff up there, though.
I am up to my eyeballs with work, wedding planning, and my new business classes, so I don’t have a whole lot of life news or gossip. As OMG as the wedding planning is as far as choices and details, I also kind of love it. Apparently there’s a side of me that revels in being an event planner.
What have you thrown yourself wholeheartedly into lately?