1. The boy (fiancé!) and I had a walkthrough at our wedding venue with their coordinator yesterday, and picked out which areas of the Villa we’re going to use for our ceremony and reception. Verdict: outdoor ceremony on the Lakeview Terrace, indoor reception in the Chapel (it’s called that but is not actually churchlike, thank goodness). Plus she walked us through the timeline for the day and little details we need to think about as far as who’s in charge of certain things, and placement of things like the guest book sign-in and all of that. It was super useful, and also reassuring to know that she’s got all of those details on her radar and will be there the day-off to handle overseeing it all. I slept better last night than I have all week. 🙂 Related: Would you guys be interested in a Things I’ve Learned from Wedding Planning post? I don’t want this blog to turn into all-wedding all-the-time, but the process has definitely been… educational, haha. Possibly worth sharing.
2. We decided not to do anything really for Valentine’s Day as far as gifts or romantic outings. In fact, we are planning on being relaxed blobs most of the weekend. No wedding appointments to go to, or other commitments. The most we might do is try out the steak delivery place for dinner V-day night. Because doesn’t that just sound awesome? I’m talking steak meal already cooked for you, not frozen steaks. It’ll either be horrible or glorious.
3. I’ve gotten back into the reading swing of things, but it’s been mostly *ahem* fluff romance novels because they take Zero brain energy and are just fun. But I do have a few review-eligible books at the top of my TBR, so hopefully soon. I’m not abandoning books, you guys.
4. One of my missions this weekend is to clean off my craft table and actually do something for the shop. Maybe finally finalizing the fox design you guys voted on way back when before the whole engagement thing. And then making the screen. And maybe, I don’t know, actually printing something for the first time this year.
5. Sienna’s dog manners classes start on Monday, and I really hope they go well/she does well, because we really want her to be our flower pup/ring dogger at the wedding. But she really needs to learn to not get crazy excited around people in order for that to happen. She loves people, it’s friendly excitement, it just also involves a lot of no-longer-listening and some jumping.
What are you getting up to this weekend? Any big plans?