- Video of the week: if you haven’t already seen the Disney short Feast, watch it now. It’s super adorable, and just won an Oscar.
- Photo series of the week: Fairytales Come To Life In Magical Photos By Russian Photographer Margarita Kareva.
- Tree Created by Artist Grows 40 Different Types of Fruit. And it’s gorgeous on top of it. Too cool.
- Big Empty Italian Castles For Sale. Now I just need several million dollars.
- DIY Fairy Gardens From Broken Pots. Brilliant.
- Teachers Give Girls Better Grades on Math Tests When They Don’t Know They Are Girls. Well, that’s discouraging.
- Why powerful people are rarely punished appropriately.
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Vote Overwhelmingly To Ban Advanced Placement U.S. History. Is this real life? Like, for real? This is apparently happening in Texas, too. Idiots.
- Do Things You Can Sustain.
Things of Note:
There was actually ICE on my car yesterday when I went to take Sienna to her doggy class. ICE! I know you New Englanders are thinking “yes, and where’s your 6 feet of snow?” but that is CRAZY for Texas! Especially as it was just 70 degrees this past weekend, and is supposed to be back up to 70 degrees the beginning of next week. Nuts, I tell you. And not the kind I’m a fan of. (Peanuts, you guys, get your minds out of the gutter)
Tomorrow Ian has the afternoon off so we can go do a tasting with the company we’re probably going to book for catering for our wedding. Should be nom-alicios. And after that we’re going to go look at a decor company’s showroom because boy has gotten it into his head that we should have an arch for our ceremony. I am not arch-averse, so arch-viewing we shall go.
Also, apparently my shop is big in Europe right now, because in the past week I’ve had orders from both Croatia and Austria. Also, Taye Diggs followed me on my business Twitter account, so overall I’m really feeling like I’ve made it this week. 😀
What’s new in your world lately?