- Video of the week: a 1950’s-esque interpretation of Radiohead’s Creep. I cannot express how much I love this.
- Why We Shouldn’t Sugarcoat YA: “That’s one of the biggest differences between the generation of the authors writing YA and the actual young adults we’re hoping to reach. We sought answers in books, while they can pull up a search engine on their phone. And what they’re going to see online is far, far more graphic and aggressive than what we try to show with caring and understanding in our stories.”
- Binge Reading Disorder. The typical American consumes more than 100,000 words a day, and remembers none of them.
- Being A Feminist In the Kids’ Section
- How Can You Tell if You’re Being Sexually Empowered or Objectified? Ask Yourself This Simple Question
- Scary Smart: Do intelligent people worry more? I am not surprised by this.
- We all know the benefits of exercise, but Mellow Pastimes Can Be Good For Your Health, Too.
- The Bizarre Lives of Congress’s Global Treasure-Hunters
- ‘Free-range’ parents plan to file lawsuit after police pick up children. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I know I’m not a parent yet, but this if f’ing ridiculous. Kids can & should be allowed some freedom.
- Thousands of Kids Opt Out of Standardized Common Core Tests Across U.S.
- Dinosaur Feathers Discovered in Canadian Amber
- If Disney Princesses Wore Realistic Makeup
Things of Note:
Last night was Bark in the Park night at the Dell Diamond, which means our pup Sienna got to go to her very first baseball game. And eat her very first baseball game hot dog. And get spoiled with the swag that the night’s sponsors were handing out. You can catch her cute mug over on Instagram. It was also a test of how well her training is going, and I’m happy to say she did really well. There’s still room for improvement (pulling, not always listening), but she didn’t try to jump on anyone, or whine, and even did ‘sit’ and ‘down’ pretty consistently, despite the plethora of distractions. Yay, progress! Looks like she’ll be able to be in our wedding at this rate. YAYAYAYAY!
Other that that, we started our search for a rehearsal dinner location this past weekend. First stop is a no-go, so on to the next one on the list.
What have you been up to lately?