1. I am having a shoe dilemma. Specifically, a wedding shoe dilemma. I want to wear comfy, no-heel shoes in a shade of purple that matches my wedding colors. I’ve bought 3 different ballet slipper possibilities. One was the perfect shade of purple, but had toe cleavage and fit a bit shallow all around- felt like it would fall off easily. Those got sent back. One fit perfectly, but the purple was a bit off and I feel like the style might be a bit too casual. Those I’ve kept, for now- might just turn into everyday shoes. The last one was almost the right shade of purple, had all-over pleating that would match the style of my dress’ bodice, but was too small – I’ve returned those and ordered a size up. Crossing my fingers that these work. The crazy part? I’m wearing a BALL GOWN, so no one is even going to see my shoes! This is all just my own pickiness. Lol. Knowing that does not stop me wanting the perfect shoe though.
2. The wedding is just a tad under 5 months away. !!!!! Where does the time go?!
3. I’m thinking of adding greeting cards to the shop. Blank insides, sold as sets or 4 or 5 or whatever with coordinating designs on the front. So, like a set of metallic dragons, or a set of bright flowers. Is this something you would be interested in? I’m probably going to go forward with it regardless, just gauging interest and sourcing blank cards right now. I had picked out a 100% recycled content card, but that is out of stock so the search begins anew.
4. I’m still in the midst of trying to turn my design business in a new direction. I want more work that I’m actually excited about, rather than production work with no creative aspect just to pay the bills. Work like this, in other words. If you or someone you know has a project that matches anything on that list, hit me up!!
5. This weekend is looking to be pretty chill. Just coffee with a friend, date night out with Ian, and then potentially lunch with another friend I haven’t seen in years that happens to be in town. Good stuff!
What’s your weekend looking like?