- Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund. This is where I donated. I will also continue to support the artisan communities there.
- Video of the week: Watch a dog play ping pong.
- Photo project of the week: Food Gradients by Brittany Wright.
- Mind-blowing thought of the week: No one could see the color blue until modern times. “Ancient languages didn’t have a word for blue — not Greek, not Chinese, not Japanese, not Hebrew. And without a word for the color, there is evidence that they may not have seen it at all.”
- Celebrities Photoshopped Into Famous Paintings. And now Leo will be cast as Van Gogh in some movie.
- A Magical War Begins In Full Trailer For Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. Kind of excited about this.
- An argument against being ‘chill.‘
- A World Where Nothing Gets Lost
- If You’re Tired of Blogging, Stop.
- Does the return of the mercenary mean a world with more war?
- Artist Redesigns Marvel Comic Characters As Retro Pulp Heroes.
- Yes, Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans’ Black Widow Comments are Problematic. “Who she is or isn’t flirting with or sleeping with is the go-to question. And to make jokes about a woman who is confident and secure is ultimately damaging. Because it gives credence to the idea that this is what the representation should be, and that it’s OK to — subconsciously or otherwise — forget that she is more than that.”
- And, to end on a lighter note: 1) 27 Trees That Don’t Give A Fuck About You Or Anything That You Do (I laughed at this more than I should) and 2)Anonymous Activist Gets Potholes Fixed By Drawing Giant Penises Around Them (nicknamed Wanksy, haha).
Things of Note:
Whew, it’s been a bit of a week. The fiancé turned 31, my car decided not starting would be a fun trick to play, Sienna wrapped up this round of training classes, I had brunch with a bunch of fabulous lady bloggers, we’ve narrowed down our possible rehearsal dinner venues to 2 places, and in general I got a crap-ton of work done and polished off some projects to enthusiastic client praise (always preferred). In short, I simply didn’t have time to blog last week. This isn’t an apology (it’s my blog and I do what I want!), just an FYI. Because part of this blog is about updates on my life, so there you have it- consider yourself updated on my life. 🙂
What have you been up to over the last week+?