- Meta thing of the week: Old Coffee Grounds Turned Into Mugs (For Drinking More Coffee, Of Course).
- Comic strip of the week: On a Plate.
- Mixed Signals: Why People Misunderstand Each Other.
- Can a Font Make Us Believe Something is True?
- Difficult Questions From My Mixed-Race Son.
- The Two Words That Make You More Credible are not what you might expect.
- What’s wrong with political correctness? This was a good read.
- Why You Can’t Market to Millennials (as through the lens of alcoholic beverage branding, but widely applicable).
- How American parenting is killing the American marriage. So worth a read!!
- How PTSD Became a Problem Far Beyond the Battlefield.
- A Google Map of All Your Favorite Books.
- 23 Perfect Words For Emotions You Never Realised Anyone Else Felt. These really are perfect.
Things of Note:
Well, I’m back in A-town, and getting back into the swing of things. Yesterday was pretty much email and errands/chores. Today is back to actual work work. I’ve got a meeting with a new client this afternoon who wants to do something artsy (yay!), and will be gearing up for some more changes to my profesh site in the near future. This year I’ve been slowly trying to tweak and nudge my design business in a new direction (or at least a more focused one) and I’m finding that takes lots of baby steps and small adjustments, which will hopefully add up to big changes. As with most things.
Have you ever tried to change the direction of your business mid-course? Or have you found any read-worthy links this week you’d like to share?