- Cool photo project of the week: 16 animal selfies that capture life in the Serengeti.
- Magical photo series of the week: Dark fantasy photography draws inspiration from magical books and films.
- What It’s Like to Be Declared Dead by the Government. This would be surreal, in a not good way.
- The Attack on Truth. “While many natural scientists declared the battle won and headed back to their labs, some left-wing postmodernist criticisms of truth began to be picked up by right-wing ideologues who were looking for respectable cover for their denial of climate change, evolution, and other scientifically accepted conclusions.”
- Virtual Reality Tricked Stroke Victims Into Using Their Weak Limbs. Very cool.
- Monkeys’ cosy alliance with wolves looks like domestication.
- I’m a Floater Without a Girl Squad. “What I really am, I think, is a loner. I prefer my own company to that of other people, and when/if other people are involved, I want full control over the guest list. To some people that might seem lonely. I suppose it is in a way. But the way I’m wired I’ve always felt loneliest in a room where I have to pretend to be something else in order to belong.” THIS, THIS, so much THIS!
- Can Rocket Scientists Create A Comfortable High Heel? I am skeptical.
- The Indie A-List: a great community of small handmade businesses.
- Can Reading Make You Happier? I want one of those bibliotherapy sessions, for funsies.
Things of Note:
While I was in Ohio, my friend Liz told me she had snagged us tickets to see Ben Folds live. The concert was last night, and it was AWESOME. He did goofball commentary, played some new stuff, but also played a lot of his older stuff, including my all-time favorite love song/song of his: The Luckiest. There was total fangirling going on. All in all, it was a lot of fun, and a good break from reality. Not a bad way to kick off the week. 🙂
Have you had an awesome Monday lately? Do tell!