- Video of the week: This baby bear is an excellent rock climber.
- Do Animals Laugh? Tickle Experiments Suggest They Do.
- A Map of Every Game of Thrones Filming Location in Real Life. That would be an epic road trip. Is it still a road trip if you have to fly?
- Why Scream For Gelato Instead Of Ice Cream? Here’s The Scoop.
- Sony Was Concerned About Horizon Zero Dawn’s Female Protagonist, Like That’s Not Something People Want. Personally, I think this game looks awesome and have already put it on the boy’s radar.
- On Wanting Something Until You Try It. This has happened to me so many times.
- Jurassic World Is A Huge Mega-Hit, And That’s Terrible News For Movies. “Jurassic World wasn’t a bad movie, but it was kind of a dumb movie. And the fact that it’s now going to be one of the most successful movies in the history of cinema means that we’re going to be getting a lot of much dumber movies than Jurassic World coming down the pike. Because they’ll aim for Jurassic World’s level of dumbness, but they’ll hit somewhere a good deal lower.”
- Some Terrible Genius Made Cowboy Boot Sandals. Oh, humanity. #headdesk
Things of Note:
Not too much of note, it’s been mostly life as usual around here. We had some friends try our homebrew wine and they deemed it enjoyably drinkable, so that was pretty nifty. Some new tour date announcements from one of my favorites bands has brought up an entirely new bachelorette party idea and I’m pretty excited about it. Wedding plans continue apace; I’m knocking out all of those little details. This weekend we officially hit 90 days until our wedding – eep! Exciting and OMG-inducing all at once. But mostly it’s just been work and wishing all of this wet, rainy, humid weather would go away. We have weird scary mushrooms in our flowerbeds because of this nonsense! Gimme back my Texas sunshine.
What’s new in your world lately?