- Awesome of the week: A wedding photographer responds to comments complaining about his support for gay marriage.
- Funny of the week: Instagram Death Match: Rosé vs. Avocado Toast. I vote for eating avocado toast while drinking rosé personally. 🙂
- The most annoying restaurant trend happening today. This actually doesn’t bother me.
- The Power of Every Word: Why I Stopped Using “Actually” and “But” in My Customer Service Emails.
- I spent the last 15 years trying to become an American. I’ve failed. A depressing true story about our country’s immigration system.
- The Wait-for-Google-to-Do-It Strategy. One company is forcing competition when regulators won’t.
- A new study confirms that White Americans are the biggest terror threat in the United States. I for one am not surprised by this at all.
- Exes Explain Ghosting, the Ultimate Silent Treatment. “If you disappear completely, you never have to deal with knowing someone is mad at you and being the bad guy.” Also known as being completely immature and incapable of adult relationships.
Things of Note:
Interesting reading above, if not exactly full of feel-goods. But it’s ok, because I had an AWESOME weekend! Not only did I finally trade in my old, janky, breaking-down car for a completely NEW car (not just new to me, but actually brand new), I also officially hit 100 sales in my shop. !!!! Woohoo! And Ian finally asked his final groomsman to be his groomsman, which has taken way longer than it should. Plus movie night and book club with friends. All in all, pretty dang sweet weekend. And yes, I love my new car, though I’m still getting used to all the gadgets. I successfully synced the built-in garage door opener, though, so I’ll get there.
How about you? Did you have an epic weekend as well? 😀