- Video of the week: The Moment A Colorblind Guy Sees Purple For The First Time. His friends gave him glasses that correct color blindness, but didn’t tell him what they were/did.
- The Myth of the Ethical Shopper. A really good, in-depth read. “In the past 25 years, the apparel industry, the entire global economy, has undergone a complete transformation. The way our clothes are made and distributed and thrown away is barely recognizable compared to the way it was done in the ’90s. And yet our playbook for improving it remains exactly the same.”
- “Where’s My Cut?”: On Unpaid Emotional Labor. YES, THIS.
- No More Love Triangles, Please. Agreed.
- Why Lonely People Stay Lonely. “Lonely people do understand social skills, and often outperform the non-lonely when asked to demonstrate that understanding. It’s just that when they’re in situations when they need those skills the most, they choke.”
- Asking for Advice Makes You Seem More Competent, Not Less.
- The Mansplainingest Mansplainer Who Ever Internetted. Arrrrgh.
- Sexist guys suck at video games, science says. Bahahahaha.
- Here’s how AI could fix the toxic nature of the internet.
- Restaurants Are Googling You. Really? I can’t imagine this is really common practice. I’d think most restaurants have too many customers to really do this?
Things of Note:
Well, let’s see, what’s new? Wedding stuff: Honeymoon tickets have been officially booked, woohoo! Alcohol for the wedding is also ordered and ready to go. Still working on finding a wedding band that works with my ring, but I have hope. Other news: it’s been a long quest, but we finally found a grocery store (Fiesta, for the curious) that carried empanada dough, so this past weekend we made empanadas at home with this filling. They were AWESOME. And we stocked up on the frozen dough, because it’s a bit of drive to get there from Round Rock. *empanada party*
This week is all about sorting out some work stuff (revising my design packages), hanging out with some fellow freelancers, and watching those RSVPs roll in. 😀
What’s going on in your world?