- Fun/silly thing of the week: What was the #1 movie on your birthday? Mine was The Terminator. 🙂
- Living Without A Sense Of Smell. “Losing your sense of smell takes away more than scents and flavors — it can fundamentally change the way you relate to other people.”
- Star Trek Economics. There’s one big, obvious thing missing from this future society: no one is doing business. With scarcity eliminated by replicators, would it be an economic utopia?
- Can we reverse the ageing process by putting young blood into older people? Mice tests seem to say yes. Usher in a whole new type of vampire novels, haha.
- Starving Is A Terrible Condition For Making Art. The Wendigo takes on the annoying starving artist myth. (NSFW language)
- Artificial intelligence will make religion obsolete within our lifetime. Good!
- The Unbreakable Rebecca Black – an interesting read, about life after unintentional internet fame.
- Homme de Plume: What I Learned Sending My Novel Out Under a Male Name. Depressing, but unsurprising.
- Astronauts are about to eat the first food grown in space. Cool!
Things of Note:
So, it’s supposed to get up to 105 today. This is a problem. See, the boy and I have tickets to a baseball game, as per usual for our anniversary. Baseball games are outdoors. And if I remember correctly, our seats are going to be directly facing the sun (until it goes down). Kind of thinking maybe we’ll just go long enough to grab a hotdog and soda (consumed in the shade!) and then take off? We did other fun anniversary stuff on Sunday, our actual anniversary, so the occasion was celebrated. It’s just… guys, I live in Austin and am used to some heat, but 105 is ridiculous!
This all caused me to look up average temperatures for our wedding date next month. Anywhere from 64 to 88. Hrm. Let’s aim for 75-80, sky, how does that sound?
Are you feeling the burn of climate change where you are?