- Photo project of the week: The Daily Life Of Darth Vader.
- Graphic of the week: The World’s Economy Explained With Just Two Cows. This is so spot on.
- Did the media ignore the Beirut bombings? Or did readers?
- America has never actually welcomed the world’s huddled masses. Sad.
- Unfollow: How a prized daughter of the Westboro Baptist Church came to question its beliefs. A really interesting read.
- How to Be a Lawyer Without Going to Law School.
- How Not to Do It All.
- 37 Moments Everyone Who Sucks At Adulting Will Immediately Recognize.
- This computer algorithm promises to help you find your perfect place to live: article, and actual site/algorithm. I tried it out. Austin was #6 on my list, so I’m not doing too bad.
- Bringing Up Genius: Is every healthy child a potential prodigy? “Before Laszlo Polgár conceived his children, before he even met his wife, he knew he was going to raise geniuses.”
- The History of Thanksgiving Foods Will Totally Change the Way You Look at Your Holiday Table. Pumpkin pie was originally a British thing. I feel like I’ve been lied to my whole life.
Things of Note:
I learned to bake yeast-based bread this weekend, and it might have been a life-changing experience. I can make Italian herb focaccia bread from scratch, guys, and it’s DELICIOUS! I also learned to make classic dinner rolls, but we froze that dough to use on Thanksgiving, so I don’t actually know how those turned out yet. That focaccia bread, though… man. It might be worth it to buy a stand mixer just so I can make that every day. Serious noms.
I’ve also started my Christmas shopping, so yay that. I hate doing that last minute, so usually start in Oct/Nov. I sent out my wishlist to fam, too, so they can take advantage of any Black Friday sales, because I’m considerate like that. 😀
Other than that, it’s actually been colder here recently. We even had freezing temps last night. Our brief Texas autumn is quickly turning into Texas winter.
What’s your favorite from-scratch thing to make? Any big plans for T-day?