- Tearjerker video of the week: Koko the gorilla weighs in on the climate change crisis.
- Unexpected video of the week: This is what KLM airline does with items left behind on their flights. I hope this is real.
- Cool new thing of the week: Brilliant Self-Cleaning Jeans And Tees Are Designed To Never Stink Or Stain. I need these.
- When Are You Really an Adult?
- Marriage Can Be Monstrous, or Wondrous: The Origins of “Beauty and the Beast”.
- Creative people’s brains really do work differently. “The creative genius is “occasionally crazier and yet adamantly saner than the average person.””
- Here’s How You’re Going To Die. Statistically, at least.
- Breastfeeding is overhyped, oversold, and overrated. “At first I didn’t believe it — or maybe I couldn’t understand it. Was I really the only person reading this stuff? How could the conventional wisdom surrounding breastfeeding be so far removed from what scientists actually knew?”
- Meet the Two Brothers Making Millions Off the Refugee Crisis in Scandinavia.
- An antidote to Islamophobia.
Things of Note:
We tried out the pasta rolling and cutting attachments on the KitchenAid this weekend, and you guys… I don’t know if I can ever go back. It took us a few tries, but the resulting fresh pasta was AMAZING. We ate it with some slow cooker bolognese sauce, and some fresh focaccia bread (also courtesy of the KitchenAid) and pretty much felt like cooking champions. We were probably insufferably smug about having successfully made pasta from scratch, but it was just us so whatever.
Other than that, not much news. I’m still trying to get legs under my new business; if you know someone with a creative or lifestyle business who needs design work, I’d appreciate a shout-out.
What’s new with you this week? Any exciting cooking (or other) adventures lately?