- Advice of the week: Be thoughtful about your friends’ money situations. So much this!!
- Quiz: Can we guess your age and income, based solely on the apps on your phone? My result said I am a ‘married lady older than 32 who makes more than $52,000/year’. Ha! The married part is right, and the age is close, but HA at that income.
- Twee-Q: analyze the gender equality of your retweets. Interesting, I’m more equal on my professional account. Skew slightly towards more RT’s of men on my personal account.
- Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the United States. Agreed. Nothing more needs said.
- The rise of American authoritarianism. “The extreme nature of authoritarians’ fears, and of their desire to challenge threats with force, would lead them toward a candidate whose temperament was totally unlike anything we usually see in American politics — and whose policies went far beyond the acceptable norms. A candidate like Donald Trump.”
- Single By Choice: Why Fewer American Women Are Married Than Ever Before. Not me, clearly, but still an interesting read.
- Harvard researchers discovered the one thing everyone needs for happier, healthier lives.
- Too Sensitive. “A great way to get lots of feedback from men you don’t know is to start writing about feelings on the internet.”
- Why You Should Be Honest When Reviewing Self-Published Books. This one is hard for me, too. Not that I’m dishonest- I’ll still give an honest star rating review. But I tend not to give full text reviews to self-pubbed books I didn’t like.
Things of Note:
Our last few weekends here have been pretty quiet. House stuff, hanging out, maybe seeing a movie. It’s been nice. But it also means I haven’t had too much to report here.
Probably the biggest news is that I’m now capable of curling my hair. I got my hair cut the other week, and while in the salon I saw on their shelves this magical thing called a curl machine. Has this been a Thing for awhile and none of you told me? The lady at the desk highly recommended it. I have always been horrible at wielding things like curling irons or curling wands or flat irons (I have tried all 3). So I was skeptical that this would just go the way of those. But this thing is AMAZING. Hair-challenged me can use it easily, and it WORKS, and it’s quick. I love it. This is the one I ended up getting, for those curious. And if you live in Austin, expect to see me sporting some curls occasionally.
What’s new in your world?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.