- Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words: How The Rest Of The World Sees Donald Trump: 12 Foreign Political Cartoons.
- The Journalist and the Troll: This Man Spent Two Years Trying to Destroy Me Online.
- Women Need More Sleep Than Men Because Fighting the Patriarchy Is Exhausting. This garners a sad laugh (funny cause it’s true).
- As Women Take Over a Male-Dominated Field, the Pay Drops.
- Closing Apps to Save Your Battery Only Makes Things Worse. My whole life is a lie.
- Honey Nut Cheerios mascot disappears to draw attention to declining bee populations.
- The macabre truth of gun control in the US is that toddlers kill more people than terrorists do. “In the US in 2015, more people were shot and killed by toddlers than by terrorists. And I’m supposed to believe that frightened Syrian refugees – or whomever becomes the next rightwing scapegoat du jour – are the real threat to my children?”
- Why smart people are better off with fewer friends. Well ok then.
- Faking happiness on social media helped me cope with depression. “Sometimes what we post on social media is less about bragging and more about learning to see ourselves in a more positive light.”
- Let’s end with two excellent posts from incomparable Sarah von Bargen: Real talk: you can’t ‘lifehack’ your way to happiness, and Just Because You Don’t Like Something, Doesn’t Mean You Can Ignore It.
Things of Note:
I had a good week last week. A couple of lunches with good friends, an afternoon with another friend and her adorable kiddos (including her 2-week old baby, which I’m happy to report I didn’t drop). A client picking the logo concept that was my favorite of the bunch. And last but not least, the hubs and I successfully completing our first joint-filing tax return. Bonus: this is the first time in 10 years I don’t owe the tax man any money! The perks of married life, I tell ya. 😀
This week’s adventures include: trying out HelloFresh for the first time, and dealing with Ian’s wonky schedule because Samsung has their once-in-a-blue-moon complete shut-down for maintenance today. Combine that with the short week due to Easter, and we’re not really sure when exactly he’ll be in at work or not this week. Fun times!
What’s going on in your life lately?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.