- Vaccines Don’t Cause Autism, But That’s Not the Point. This will make you reframe some thoughts. As one teen with autism put it: “When people talk about vaccines and autism it makes me feel like I’m not a person but a ‘bad result.’ It reminds me that no one wants a kid like me and parents will risk their kid’s lives and everyone else’s just to make sure their kid doesn’t turn out like me.”
- Being Dishonest About Ugliness.
- Unnatural Selection. One marine biologist’s quest to save coral reefs by engineering a species more resistant to climate change.
- At Tampa Bay farm-to-table restaurants, you’re being fed fiction. Probably elsewhere, too.
- How Racist is Too Racist? An eye-opening quiz on juror bias.
- The Permanent White House Staff Is, Understandably, on Edge About the 2016 Presidential Race. Understandably indeed.
- First came the Breathalyzer, now meet the roadside police “textalyzer”.
- Attention, Students: Put Your Laptops Away. Taking notes by hand may be more beneficial than typing notes on a laptop.
- Monica Lewinsky, 20 Years Later. Actually a really interesting interview.
- Fragile Masculinity Causes Men to Be Frightened by Mockumentary that envisions a world without men.
- Every semi-competent male hero has a more talented female sidekick. Why isn’t she the hero instead?
Things of Note:
I’m going to be an aunt to a little baby nephew come September and I couldn’t be more excited about it! I’m already addicted to buying baby clothes. And designing the announcement for my sister, as well as helping plan her mini-shower, have also been super fun. And being asked for name ideas? Shoot, I could suggest names for things (babies, characters, books, companies) all day long. Becoming an aunt, so far, is pretty dang awesome.
That is the exciting news du jour hereabouts. Other than that, life and work are going pretty much as normal. I would like all of this rain to go away, but other than that, can’t really complain. Still waiting on the results of the biopsies the skin doc took last week.
Any exciting happenings in your life lately?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.