- The world’s oldest known tree is 4,800 years old. Its location is secret. Because humans are awful.
- How Information Graphics Reveal Your Brain’s Blind Spots.
- More mind-bending: How to Apply Lateral Thinking to Your Creative Work.
- General Mills announced that it would be reformulating certain cereals to have no artificial colors or flavors. They are stumped by the marshmallows in Lucky Charms.
- Fancy Juice Doesn’t Cleanse the Body of Toxins.
- Michael Pollan wants Americans to devote more time to cooking. Is he fighting a losing battle? “Europeans fought for shorter workdays, more vacation time, family leave, and all these kinds of things. Those haven’t been priorities in America, it’s been about money.”
- How Americans pretend to love ‘ethnic food’.
- The Internet Really Has Changed Everything. Here’s the Proof. A writer returns to his remote hometown — once isolated, now connected.
- More Single Guys Are Turning to Surrogacy to Become Dads. I found this really interesting.
- 4 Men with 4 Very Different Incomes Open Up About the Lives They Can Afford.
- What research on English dukes can teach us about why the rich live longer.
- Raising the federal minimum wage to $12 an hour could prevent as many as half a million crimes annually.
- My Childhood Love Letter to Bagheera, Reliable Panther Extraordinaire. This was entertaining, but also raised some good points.
- Business Design Doesn’t Care About Your Personal Preferences. Being combative over on the design blog.
Things of Note:
This past week has been characterized by waiting. Waiting for clients and potential clients to get back to me. Waiting for test results. Waiting for things to arrive in the mail. Waiting for the sun to break through the rain. I… am not the most patient person, so to say I’ve been a bit irritable this past week might be an understatement (sorry, Ian). On the upside, all of that waiting meant I had free time to compile the excellent list above (you’re welcome), read 2 books, watch 2 movies, and do a massive culling of my Twitter followers on the biz account. So not a total loss.
How has your week been? Slow or chock-full? Read anything interesting?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.