- Video of the week: this pet penguin in Japan walks himself to the fish market. Adorable!!
- When a book lover is in charge of the floorplan. Yup.
- We Know You Hate ‘Moist.’ What Other Words Repel You? An interesting look at word aversion.
- Why Are Powerful Women Icons in Pop Culture Always Wearing High Heels? I have long wondered this, too. It’s BS.
- The new self-help track to happiness (cleaning) seems to be a new twist on a very old, sexist idea.
- Men Have Book Clubs, Too. *sigh* While I think it’s great that men are reading and forming book clubs, this is problematic: “No books by women about women (our cardinal rule). The main character cannot be a woman.” Missing the point, guys.
- How Reducing Gender Inequality Could Boost U.S. GDP by $2.1 Trillion. “While many argue that gender equality is the “right” thing to do, it is now clear that equality is also economically the “smart” thing to do.”
- U.S. Anti-AIDS Abstinence Efforts in Africa Fail to Prevent HIV. “Washington spent more than $1 billion telling people in 14 African countries not to have sex before they get married. It didn’t work.” You don’t say.
- The Scientists Who Simulate The End Of The World. Are these the same people in charge of the Doomsday Clock? Depressing job.
- The day we discovered our parents were Russian spies. A very surreal true story.
Things of Note:
Let’s see, what’s new? The hubs had a birthday, whereupon we ate lots of Brazilian steak and he enjoyed his new Moscow mule mugs. I also hosted a small ladies-only brunch that was super fun. Girls-only time is underrated, lots of good conversation. Plus I tried out two new recipes from Pinterest that were quite the success.
Other than that, I’m in planning mode. For my sister’s baby shower, for my business’ 10-year celebration, for vacation later this summer. They really need to have an emoji for the evil plotting hand gesture. We got a taco one, now we need that. 🌮
What emoji do you think we need? What’s going on in your life lately?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.