- This week in all you know is a lie: Vikings never wore horned helmets.
- Follow the breadcrumbs: why fairytales are magic for modern fiction. Personally, I am loving the prevalence of fairytale-based and inspired works lately.
- How Breakfast Became a Thing. Because it wasn’t always its own separate thing with it’s own food groups.
- The Post Office Almost Delivered Your First E-Mail.
- Why do all old statues have such small p****es? (NSFW) You know you’ve always wondered.
- The secret lives of movie-star newborns: who are they, and what is all that goo? Actually a fascinating read.
- How game theory can help you do a better job of parenting. Hmm. Would like to hear actual parents weigh in on this.
- Raising Men Who Do Housework. “Even in the most feminist of marriages, women often find themselves doing more of the work, despite their partners’ best intentions.”
- How To Figure Out What Makes You Happy (so you can do more of it). Sarah Von B nails it again.
- Dueling Netflix: Netflix cuts out over 6 days of commercials from your life per year, compared to cable TV and We spend more time on Netflix than with friends, exercising or reading — combined. So all that time you’re saving on commercials you’re spending watching more Netflix.
- Why a Silent Book Club Might Save Your Life. In counterpoint to the above.
- I’ve got another Brand Nuance post up over on the design blog, looking at when you use your personal name as your business name.
Things of Note:
Another week, another batch of readworthiness. You’re welcome. Otherwise, let’s see, what’s new this week… The hubs is minus 4 wisdom teeth and doing mostly ok with it. My car had a recall part operation and I don’t notice anything different (though to be fair it was a part for the sunroof controls, which I never use anyway). I’ve discovered way more about the nuances of vitamins that I ever thought I would (long story). I’ve also solidified plans for both my sister’s baby shower, and my business’ 10 year party. Woot.
I’m also almost exactly halfway through my reading goal for the year, with more than a month left ’til the temporal halfway point, so I’m kind of winning it right now.
What’s going on in your world right now?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.