- Video of the week: It’s still legal to make women wear heels to work in the UK. So the Stylist team asked the men in their office to wear heels for a day.
- Don’t Call it a Tramp Stamp: How the Patriarchy Ruined My Tattoo.
- Bustin’ Makes Boys Feel Sad — Why the New Ghostbusters is So Hated.
- Five Signs Your Story Is Sexist – Against Men. Actually an interesting read. “Patriarchy enforces strict standards of masculinity that are impossible to meet. But because masculine traits are glorified, it’s easy to lose sight of how toxic they are to men.”
- Hail to the Computer. The case for a computer-in-chief. I would take Watson over Trump any day.
- The Dangerous Acceptance of Donald Trump.
- This is how fascism comes to America. “Conservatives have been warning for decades about government suffocating liberty. But here is the other threat to liberty: that the people in a democracy, excited, angry and unconstrained, might run roughshod over even the institutions created to preserve their freedoms […] that the unleashing of popular passions would lead not to greater democracy but to the arrival of a tyrant, riding to power on the shoulders of the people.”
- How Big Pharma Uses Charity Programs to Cover for Drug Price Hikes. This is appalling.
- Let’s end on some good news: Portugal runs for four days straight on renewable energy alone.
- And the best of all: Can You Carbo-Load Your Way to Good Health?
Things of Note:
Last week was a busy one. I had to deal with my bank’s fraud department (everything is fine) and the post office’s bureaucracy (still unresolved). I had a snake dive-bomb my head in my own garage, and a stomach incident of near-food-poisoning levels of not fun. But then I also got a haircut, saw a good movie with a good friend, crafted with the book club ladies, and successfully mastered cupcakes (and frosting!) from scratch. So it’s definitely not all woe is me over here.
This week’s gearing up to be just as busy. I have a bon voyage dinner for a friend, a ladies night out, a brush lettering workshop, and am trying out a new Pilates place that recently opened near me.
All this to say that the week after that, I’m going to pretty much do nothing, because I’ll be pooped from these two weeks.
How about you? Busy bee or happy homebody lately?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.