- Funny video of the week: Watch Jimmy Fallon Force Blake Shelton to Try Sushi for the First Time. I feel your pain, Blake. Not a sushi fan.
- Cool video of the week: This is what a lute sounds like. If you’ve ever read a fantasy or Renaissance novel and wondered.
- How Technology Hijacks People’s Minds — from a Magician and Google’s Design Ethicist.
- Sunk: the story of the epic Chinese underwater fantasy blockbuster movie you’ve never heard of. This is all sorts of bizarro.
- Stealing food if you are poor and hungry is not a crime, Italian court rules.
- The magical thing eating chocolate does to your brain.
- The Latte is a Lie. Buying Coffee Every Day Isn’t Why You’re in Debt.
- Why We Secretly Want Leaders Who’ll Be Unethical On Our Behalf. Finally, an explanation for Trump. Unfortunately does not include a solution.
- I’m Voting For The Democrat In November Because I’m Not A Human Tire Fire.
Things of Note:
It’s always rough coming back from a long weekend. I almost didn’t get this post done on time because I forgot that yesterday was Monday not Sunday. Lucky you, I remembered. What did we get up to? Coffee with friends. Ian laughing helplessly on the floor while watching Galavant (we just started season 1). Buying maybe All The Things for my sister’s baby shower. Oh, and I took a workshop where I learned how to do watercolor backgrounds and brush lettering with some very satisfactory results. I sense a new craft obsession coming on. Other than that, lots of chill time at the house and walks with the dog.
How was your long weekend?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.