- The Oregon Trail Generation: Life Before And After Mainstream Tech. This is me, and most of my friends. So spot on. “Because we had one foot in the traditional ways of yore and one foot in the digital information age, we appreciate both in a way that other generations don’t. We can quickly turn curmudgeonly in the face of teens who’ve never written a letter, but we’re glued to our smartphones just like they are.”
- Obama After Dark: The Precious Hours Alone. Hey, the Prez is a night owl, too.
- Why you shouldn’t drive slowly in the left lane. THIS.
- The Creative World’s Bullshit Industrial Complex.
- Everyone Lies to Avoid Hanging Out with Each Other, Study Says.
- Mike and Dave Need a Gender Studies Course.
- Please Stop Marrying Fictional Characters to People They Met as Children, It’s Creepy. Hadn’t thought about it like that before, but very true.
- The Window for Avoiding a Dangerous Climate Change Has Closed. Great…
- Are We Smart Enough To Control AI? I’m gonna go with NOPE.
- Why Kimbal Musk Is Opening a $5-And-Under Restaurant Concept. Also known as: hey, Elon Musk has a brother.
- Head on over to my design site to see my latest Covers Reimagined post. I redid the book covers for Lord of the Rings!
Things of Note:
I hope you all had a wonderful 3-day weekend! Well, at least my US and Canadian readers. We had a good time here. Pup’s birthday (she’s 6!), lots of reading and games, and some good food, too, of course. Fireworks viewed via TV because pup flips out over firework noises and we don’t like to leave her alone.
This week is gearing up to include lots of page layout, freelance-y meet ups, and email wrangling. Also, I’m still processing that it’s July. That can’t be right.
How was your weekend? What does the start of July have in store for you?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.