- Cartoon of the week: Earth Temperature Timeline. Pretty informative and cool, and then you get to the end… 🙁
- Best article-inspired-by-another-article of the week: Why I Date Exclusively Feminists.
- Our parents discovered leisure. We killed it. The consequences of monetizing your bliss.
- Why I’m done with the 9/11 ritual. “I think the 9/11-ization of American life has been a kind of poison for all of us. We had our moment when the whole world was with us after 9/11, and we squandered it.” Agreed.
- Trump’s history of corruption is mind-boggling. So why is Clinton supposedly the corrupt one?
- Google’s Clever Plan to Stop Aspiring ISIS Recruits. 👍🏻
- How to raise a genius: lessons from a 45-year study of super-smart children. Hint: start with a genius.
- The stunning geographic divide in American creativity. Not really surprised by this, having lived on both sides.
- Pete Wells Has His Knives Out. A day in the life of the NY Times restaurant critic. Interesting read.
- Wildly effective marketing has led Americans to eat way more protein than they actually need. This one is for my husband. Ahem.
Things of Note:
We are back from New Orleans! It was AWESOME. A good week of relaxation, sight-seeing, and eating All The Things. Seriously. We didn’t intend to have a foodcation, but that’s what ended up happening. Not mad about it. NOLA has good eats. Amidst all of the relaxing and eating, I didn’t remember to take too many pictures. Also not mad about that. We still had a great time, photographic evidence notwithstanding.
This week it’s back to business as usual, and then next week we have our 1 YEAR wedding anniversary. ONE YEAR! How is time flying so fast?! I have his gift picked out, and we’ll be heading out to a nice dinner, and then seeing if our top layer of frozen wedding cake is at all edible. Crossing fingers it is, but I don’t have high hopes. Should be a fun night regardless.
What did you get up to last week?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.