- Account of the week: Your In America, an anti-racist Twitter account devoted to Muphry’s Law.
- Americans Don’t Read… and that’s Affecting our Elections.
- ‘Nasty Woman’: Why Men Insult Powerful Women.
- “You Girls Having Fun?” One woman’s story of a date nearly ruined by That Guy. All places should be handle it like this bar.
- The Anti-Helicopter Parent’s Plea: Let Kids Play! “Think about your own 10 best memories of childhood, and chances are most of them involve free play outdoors. How many of them took place with a grown-up around? I remember that when the grown-ups came over, we stopped playing and waited for them to go away. But moms nowadays never go away.” I agree with that point, if not the guy’s views on boys/masculinity/dads.
- Never trust a corporation to do a library’s job.
- Meet the Perennials. “This content is appropriate for people of all ages. And that’s the point. The days of targeting media and products at people based on their age is over.”
- Canadians Tweeting Nice Things About U.S. Is The Election Therapy We Need.
Things of Note:
Well, birthday weekend is officially over. Womp womp. It was pretty good overall, despite running on very little sleep (thanks, insomnia). Ian had to work most of my actual birthday, but he took me out to a very tasty Italian dinner that night. And I got to have birthday brunch with a great group of friends. Which included being serenaded by an entire courtyard of strangers. My sister also kept the cute pictures of my nephew coming, and what birthday isn’t made better by baby pictures?! (none, the answer is none)
Now to wrap up work and stuff this week, and then hit the road to meet him!
Do your birthday celebrations tend to revolve around food, too?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.